CommunityPolicingStrategy & CommunityInBlue concept launch are well underway in Dobsonville, Soweto.
The event started this morning with the Deputy Minister of Police, Mr Mkhongi & the National Police Commissioner, General Sitole together with SAPS Management leading a walkabout in Dobsonville, Soweto engaging with the community.
Bikers Unite for Community in Blue making their entrance at the Dobsonville Stadium.
The Community Policing Strategy aims to mobilise all communities in the Republic of South Africa (RSA) to join the fight against crime by encouraging communities to actively participate in endeavours to prevent, combat and fight crime.
The strategy has the following objectives:
• To build a community that is morally alert through community outreach, education and awareness
• To increase resilience to victimisation in sectors of our community through building community resilience to crime
• To build interrelation between safety and security stakeholders through a multidisciplinary collaboration of all role players in the JCPS cluster
• To involve and empower all formalised community structures in ensuring public order through Community Policing and Public Order Policing
• To acquaint the community about crime fighting initiatives within the SAPS through communication
• To capacitate and resource Community Policing Forum structures nationwide through capacitating and resourcing of all CPF members. PartnershipPolicing